Sunday, October 08, 2006

 
Team Lance Raises $1,600!! A BIG thank you to everyone who sponsored me for the Multiple Myeloma Research Fund 5k Walk/Run. We raised $1,600. You guys are great. I couldnt have done it without you. Thanks! Though, I gotta admit that I didnt walk or run in the event on Saturday. My girlfriend Becky and I got up at 6:30am to the sound of pouring rain and wind. We drove over to the event in Philly where it was cold, wet and rainy. We huddled under tents and talked to other patients. We donated the money everyone so graciously sponsored. But, it was just too miserable to do the walk (I have a couple pics I hope to post). It was good to meet some other people with the disease and I was able to find out about support groups that meet in Philly. Little by little I am being more exposed to the MM community. As far as my disease goes...This Thursday I will be meeting with my oncologist to see how my treatments have been working. I am nervous about the meeting. It seems as if I get non-positive news with every meeting. I know my kidneys are still not functioning. I know my arms, even though irradiated, still are limited in their flexibility. My blood pressure remains too high dispite being on 3 BP medications. So, hopefully we'll get some indicators that maybe...just maybe...some things have turned around a little bit (just a little....). Personally, things are fine. It's a beautiful sunny Sunday morning outside that I hope to be part of soon. I finished doing some house chores and hope to take a walk along the River before the Eagles/Dallas game (E-A-G-L-E-S...EAGLES!). I've been trying to do a little bit more with my time. Chemo has let up for the time being and radiation is done. So, I've got time that I don't know what to do with. I asked myself what is it I would want to do. So, I went out and bought an easel to learn how to paint. I've been trying to cook more. I watch way too many cooking shows and figure I can cook just as well. I try to walk when I can cause my muscles are shot (my legs and arms are skin and bones). I've been trying to smile more frequently...you know...actually saying hi to people as I pass them on my walk ...it's a novel concept, I know ;-). I just want to make the most out of my life. I've been saying the saying "Life's too short" to myself. (I often mutter it as I flip channels on TV...man there's a lotta of life wasted on TV...but I digress). For me it means to better improve my quality of life. To life live more in line of how I want to live it. I have a far way to go. I can type these really cool concepts on line and then I can be short, terse, or mean to people I love the most. It just lets the air out of the balloon when those moments arise. It's those inconsistencies that I want to work on. I try to do my best. I honestly do. I guess I can try a lil' harder sometimes, though. Take care everyone. And thanks again for everyone's support and love. Don't hesitate to say hi or call sometime. Love ya all, Lance

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?