Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 
Happy Halloween! Ok...so I'm a day late (and a dollar short). It's the thought that counts, right? All is well here on the homefront. It's been a week of status quo for the most part. I finished up my third round of Velcade chemotherapy and I continue to go to dialysis. Starting on Friday (11/3) I will be getting a bone stiffner (insert joke here) added to my chemotherapy. Its called Iridia and it's aimed at keeping my bones from getting too brittle. It's added via iv drip over a two hour period. So, my chemo will go from a couple of minutes to a couple of hours. I have some doctor appointments coming up that will tell me how successful the chemo has been doing; how well the radiation worked; what's the next steps in treating the myeloma; and will or wont my kidneys return to function. I could give you my opinions on the above....but I'll wait until the professionals have their say...who knows, right? Like I said, for the most part all is well. I did just fill out my long term disability paperwork part of which they ask me to file for social security benefits. This is again a strange concept for me. I may be back to work at the end of January and then again there is a possibility I may never work again. Who knows? I entered all of this back in July thinking I'll be back to work at the end of the week. Then it was at the end of the month. Then it was 3 months. Now it's 6 months, maybe longer. It's not like I have something that can just be removed or treated directly. It's like I have this moving bulls eye. And we need to keep looking at the numbers to see if we've hit. It can be frustrating. I feel fine for the most part. But, then I've gotta do all my treatments. So, I'm learning how to have patience and how to feel worthy even when sometimes don't feel like I have very much worth. Like many people, I can tie my worth into my job and career. And while I'm not working I sometimes feel as if I'm not doing enough. I feel like I should be doing more. I have a list of things to do. But, I either 'cant' find the time or I get too tired to do it. I'll get around to doing those things. One thing at a time I guess. Take care and thanks for everything. Love ya all, Lance

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?