Sunday, November 12, 2006

 
My Attitude: I was told on several occassions this week that I have a good attitude and a positive outlook on this disease and everything I'm going through....If you say so. Quite frankly, I'm not sure what my outlook, beliefs or feelings are, and what constituents a positive attitude. All I know is that I try to choose to focus on where I am at. Today is Sunday 11/12/06. The Eagles won. I am relatively healthly today. I can pay my bills. I have lots of good friends and support. I have a roof over my head. I can still get around by myself. There are a lot of positives. I look around in life, or when I'm in dialysis, or when I'm in chemo, and some people may not be as fortunate. Yes, things can suck. And do I wish everything was different?....almost always. But, there's not much I can do about it now can I, other than keep doing what I gotta do each day. Medically speaking; Everything continues to progress towards the bone marrow transplant at the beginning of the year. A good thing is, provided I stay healthy, my schedule is going to lighten up a little between now and the holidays. I will be winding down my Velcade chemo treatments and vacation/holiday schedules at the Hospital will also afford me some much needed down time. I'm sure they'll find other tests for me (e.g. ekgs, etc) as I get ready for the transplants. But, I can a little bit more of a breather coming up. Which is good...I can get to the painting I've been planning to do. As you may know, I've been trying to paint some more. My inspiration was going to be my bedroom. I needed new paintings on my walls and wanted to change things around a bit. So, I went and got a comfortor, sheets, and soon to get curtains....all of this mind you just to paint....I've gone from a palate of blues and grays to burgundy. It's kind of got this "pimp daddy" feel to it now (Yeah Baby!). I figured I wanted something different and some color. Now, I've just gotta paint like I started to do. All in all, things are fine. I will be addressing some billing issues. The one thing about being sick is every bit of mail, each pre-certification phone call, each bit of insurance information makes you feel for your financial life. Every call and correspondence deals with having the procedure covered or whether or not a bill was or can be paid. That's added stress I or anyone else really doesnt need. Take care to everyone. And thanks again for all the help and support. It really means a lot. Love yas, Lance

Comments:
Lance, Good going. Keep on telling us all about what you are going through. I posted a link to your blog from mine. I do not have issues with my kidneys as you do, but I did the double-autologous blood stem cell transplant. It is a hard row to hoe.

I wish you strength & godspeed.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?