Wednesday, December 13, 2006

 
Cancer is the Easy Part!! So...Guess what I get to do tomorrow??? I get to have heart by-pass surgery...Woofucking Hoo!! I am currently writing this in the hallway at the Univ of Penn Hospital. The people here have been great. But, I must say that I am entirely overwhelmed. The TEE scan yesterday showed an approximate 4.5 cm blood clot "hanging" from the end of my catherter (It was described to me this way, "picture a glass blowers tube with a lump of glass at the end"). The doctors are nervous for serveral reasons. The clot could become loose and go into my lungs causing a pulmonary embalesim or it could become loose and go through this lil' hole in my heart and cause me to have a stroke. So, as I type this, I am strapped to an IV with heparin to thin my blood. This was one possible plan, that the blood thinners could beak it down enough. Another plan was to irradiate the clot. But, there is concern that it could break down into smaller clots that could also do damage. So, the consensus recommendation has been fucking heart bypass surgery to remove the catherter and the clot in its entirety. Oh, and since the surgeons are there...they will stitch up the lil hole in my heart that I've had since birth...(aren't they nice). So, I wanted to let everyone know what's been going on. And, if I didnt call you back or write...well...I've been a little tied up. I'm getting so sick and tired of this all. I really, really am. I don't even have time to be fed up with cancer....I've got too much else going on. Anyway, take care and keep those positive thoughts coming. Love ya's, Lance

Comments:
just so everyone knows, my brother, lance had his surgery today and everything went fine. the doctor went in and removed the blood clot and said he will make a complete recovery. i will let him tell the story, but he was strong and i am very proud of him.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?