Monday, January 15, 2007

 
OK...So The Eagles Lost: So now what do I do??? Call me crazy. But, I was settling for the Eagles in the Super Bowl as my miracle. Hell, that would've made me happy. It was destiny, I tell ya. But, alas....per chance to dream yet for another year! So, I now must continue on. I continue on with my doctor's appts. I continue on with my xrays, echocardiograms, and other treatments. I continue on with my little aches and (and sometimes big) pains. I continue on with my "metabolic twitches". I continue moving forward towards my bone marrow replacement which will probably be a February-ish timeframe. Medically speaking I found out this week that the nerve pain in my leg should dissipate over time...some time by summer I'm told...in the mean time they gave me lots of happy pills to cover the pain. Which, I negated to take...I'm sick and tired of more scripts. Secondly, I went to my cardiologist which I found out could be called Dr Grope cause he, I think, had alterior motives and liked to touch me just a lil' too much...whoa that a lil too unconfortable (or maybe not....hmmm or was I just curious). It is somewhat funny (in an ironic sort of way) as I look back on everything and where I've been. And, not physically. I remember I was going to be this great cook and learn all there was to learn. Friends and family gave me books and subscriptions to magazines like bon Appetit. When I wouldnt be cooking, I would be painting. I bought a french easel and all these canvases and supplies. I painted one still life and one "blob". I was gonna read all these great mind-expanding books. I've gotten half-way through one book on the rise of civilization; the past 13,000 years. It's not as dull as one would think, Then, after watching too much Jim Cramer on CNBC at 2am, I was going to learn about stock investing and become this magnant of Wall Street. While not trading (or whilest I traded), I was gonna to do this great excercise routine and continue to be, "The Healthiest Cancer Patient in the Land"! But, after being hospitalized for one thing or another. Or having to do one test or another...some how time just slipped by and I had no time to do any of my grandious plans. I guess it is also the phases of acceptance of this whole damn thing. That maybe it's my time to be sick and recover. Oh yes, I can do things when I can. I cook myself nice meals (I make a mean mango salsa). I'll paint that still life of fake flowers. I'll try to catch a show in NYC. But, it wont be at the expense of getting better I guess. Taking naps has this wonderful intoxicating power. It can be decadent too. I can wake up from bed to go down stairs to take a nap....it's a beautiful thing I tell ya...lol. And, I think I'm entering a new phase now. A phase where I look forward for a reward. We'll see. But, if you see some guy in a convertible looking like he's dreaming of an exotic island, with a plasma TV stuck in the back seat...well that would be me! Thanks again for everyone. Thanks again for everyone's support and more. You guys are great. Take care and much love, Lance

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?