Tuesday, February 13, 2007

 
A Status Report: Not too much to report. No big epiphanies this week. No words of wisdom. Just a note on where I'm at. I've started the stem cell collection process. And it started with me given myself my first 8 neupogen injections. I'm not too bugged by needles. But, there's something not right about given them to yourself. I think it goes against that self-preservation mechanism, "Thou shall not hurt thy self". Anyway, I was giving myself two shots each day in the belly ("Get inside my belly!"...Austin Powers). And now I've started the actual stem cell collection process. It's no big deal. I lay in a bed for 3hrs while they circulate my blood. But, the kick is that the Neupogen shots make your bones and back ache. And, I can't lay still for 3hrs. That also means sleeping aint going real well either...if at all. And what I thought was going to be a 3-day treatment may be more now. Apparently, most people have a stem cell level near 100. Mine was 7. That gives them an idea how long the process is going to take to collect between 2 to 6 million stem cells. So, it may now last into next week. It makes for a long day. Up early into Philly for the stem cells. Stop back at the cancer floor for my Neupogen shot (they now can't let me do it for some reason) and then onto dialysis M W F. Did I tell you I can't wait til I can get a break????!!! I'm looking out the window now and I see chunks of ice floating down the Delaware River and wet, slushy snow caked onto the streets. If that isnt a reason to find someplace warm than I don't know what is. Take care everyone. And thanks again for all the help and support. Love ya's, Lance.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?