Thursday, May 31, 2007

 
My Counts are near their Lowest...and I feel fine; (A somewhat reference to REM). I'm at Day 6 since the stem cell replacements and all counts are continuing to drop; white cells, platelets, and hemoglobin are all scarily low and stable. Yet, I havent had a fever or any infections....thank god. The bright-outlooking Dr Steven Goldstein thinks I'll get fevers soon and start feeling bad etc. He also doesnt have much time for my input. So far, he's one of the people that deserves to be pompous since he is a Doctor and can play God with me. Rightly so, I guess. My input means nothing and all the things that we've worked towards in the past is just that..history. Anyway, he just left and I wasnt too fond of my meeting with him. So, where was I, ok...soon I should start to see my numbers returning upwards, probably by the weekend. So far, everything has been fanatastically uneventful. The doctor's have been happy with my progress. My biggest issue again has been the abdominal pain which has decided to show up again. It really puts me in a damper when the pain jumps on me. The doctor's say it can be exaggarated by the recent chemo and stem cell replacement. I'll give them that. But, the pain is just all too familiar. Thank god for the care nurses and doctors here (Except for Dr Steven Goldstein). Most are willing to help any way they can and they do listen. I'm only a call-button away from some type of medication that will take away the nausea or the pain. It's funny, I just got this attitude...if its not chemo related than why are we treating it, or there's not much they can do. Isnt this a hospital??!! Oh yeah, it's a teaching hospital and I'm a cancer patient. I can't wait til my numbers increase and I get outta here. It's getting frustrating. Talk to you all soon. Thanks for all the well wishes, visits, prayers, cards, notes and phone calls. They really mean a lot. Love you all, Lance

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?