Wednesday, May 02, 2007

 
A Quick Update: I just wanted to let people know where things stand. As you may or may not know the bone marrow transplant was/is postponed. They want me to again get the fistula graft completed prior to the transplant. So, I'm currently scheduled at U of P to get the fistula completed on Wed 5/9/07. It supposedly will help with dialysis and takes 2 to 3 months to mature prior to its use. So, it makes sense to do it prior to my stem cell transplant which would have me out of action for a while. Speaking of the transplant, if all goes well, I can be in as early as 5/21/07. Again, I will be in the hospital for at least 3 wks. I will be able to have visitors which I encourage. There will be restrictions since I'll be dosed on heavy chemo and my immune system will be virtually non-existent. But, I think just having people show up, even for 5 mins, even if I only know you're there, will greatly help me out during this time. I'll post all available info and directions etc as the date gets closer. I again want to take this time to thank everyone who has sent me emails, cards, texts, phone calls, and even a hand written letter. You don't know how much they lift my spirits. I appreciate you letting me in on your lives in these correspondences. It's good to know that I'm cared for and it's good for me to continue to keep in touch with people outside of this illness. It's easy to become isolated in the pain and sickness and forget there's a life beyond what's going on. I truly appreciate everyones efforts, help and support. I hope everyone is enjoying this (now) nice spring weather. I hope to get out tomorrow (Thurs). Enjoy and love you all, Lance

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?